Missed the question? Check it out here or go straight for the answer:
Your best chance of survival comes by just pulling the trigger. Here’s why: The six chambers of the barrel are in the following sequence: E-E-E-E-F-F E = empty F = full Any empty chamber has just been fired by Chatty Man. This is one of the four ‘E’ slots. Only 1 ‘E’ slot is followed by an ‘F’ so, if you don’t respin, there is a 25% chance that you will get a bullet next – or a 75% chance that you won’t. This is better than the 2/3 (66%) chance of surviving if you spin again so doing nothing to the barrel gives you the best bet. Of course if you remove the bullets then randomly replace them this again gives only a 66% chance of survival. Personally I just wouldn’t get involved!