- Longmark Tax Conferences creates and delivers a series of specialist tax conferences at convenient, high-quality venues around the UK
- As well as London locations, the programme offers professional tax specialists regional access to the latest tax-law developments otherwise only available in the capital
- Conferences are attended by up to 150 delegates with top speakers from the Tax Bar and other specialist practitioners
- The conference booking management and administration had evolved from the original start-up and was handled manually
- As the business grew, the manual systems were becoming increasingly time consuming and cumbersome to maintain
- With a high reliance on manual, and often duplicated data entry, administration was open to the risk of errors and inconsistencies
- With a significant demand for hands-on staff time, the conferrence administration was expensive to run
- There was minimal integration between handling conference bookings and the lists used for promotion of conferences
The Solution When a key member of the administrative staff left, there was the opportunity to review the approach to conference administration. Having run the existing system for 3 months to build a thorough understanding of the processes, BSA was able to design and propose a more structured system based on a private, secure, web-based platform. The proposed system:
- Handles bookings, invoicing and delegate administration
- Significantly reduces data entry requirements and eliminates data-entry duplication
- Automatically produces management reports
- Simplifies communication with conference delegates
- Facilitates efficient promotion of conferences:
- Integration with a dedicated email marketing system
- Data support for direct mail activity
- Reduced operating costs by around 60%
- The new system paid for its development costs within 6 months.
- A single source for conference marketing data, bookings management, delegate administration and management reports.
- Data accuracy has been improved, with the system being quicker and easier to run.
- Better access to bookings management reports
…and a final word from Longmark Founding Partner, Mike Longman:
“BSA Marketing took the time to really get to understand our business. From the early days they had a clear vision of the benefits that an integrated online system would produce for us. They managed the development and implementation stages very effectively and have delivered a cost effective system that works well in practice and can incorporate further functionality as needs and opportunities are identified.
BSA continue to work with us to drive our conference administration and email marketing.”
If you want to talk about the potential for practical, web-based data management in your business, please get in touch