Last time we told you about a new remote desktop app from Microsoft allowing you to access your desktop PC from a Tablet or SmartPhone but what if you want to write or edit Office documents directly on your device? On iOS, it has been possible to use apps such as Numbers and Pages (incidentally these apps are now free downloads where they used to cost around £14) to open Excel and Word files and there are similar options on Android but these weren’t always the most convenient approaches. Now there is CloudOn. With CloudOn you can use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint on your tablet or smartphone to create, review and edit files.
- Create, review, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Display presentations; insert formulas, change formatting, and track changes.
- Open, rename, delete and manage virtually any file type stored in your Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or Microsoft SkyDrive accounts.
- Share files with colleagues and discuss any changes on the shared FileSpace where every edit, action & message is logged automatically.
I use it coupled to DropBox meaning all my files are available and editable everywhere. It’s great! Even better, the basic version of CloudOn is free. With this you can do most basic edits and updates. Even if you want the full functionality available from the Pro version, up until 31 December 2103 this will only cost you £1.99 per month if you just want it for a short time, or £20.99 for a full year. Download for your device:
- App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudon.client