Joined-up marketing is two-way marketing. Customer feedback is an important part of this process. Having a channel for talking to your customers to get their feedback on your offerings and marketing activities should be a ‘must’ for all businesses, yet many companies rely on informal day to day contact to achieve this. Although feedback is always valuable, a structured process to gather the information is advisable, and required if you are ISO9001 acredited.
Customer feedback can deliver real benefits
I believe that many businesses avoid this process because they are nervous about what they might find out. It is also easy to justify inaction by citing complexity and cost. However, as we discussed in a post last November, this is not necessarily the case, and surveys offer many other marketing benefits:
- Asking for feedback shows your customers that you care about their opinions, and are interested in what they think.
- Surveys get your name in front of people, further reinforcing your brand.
- If you survey is hosted on your website it can also deliver great web traffic.
- You can get some great quotes and testimonials for future.
- You can learn things that may help you improve your business
All in all, there is no good reason for not regularly surveying your customers, so when was the last time you asked our customers for feedback? To discuss how BSA can help you set up and run your own customer survey, give us a call